Dear Nayatt Families,
The Nayatt Parent Teacher Organization (Nayatt PTO) is a nonprofit organization whose primary purpose is to enhance and enrich the education of our children and students. Through generous donations and the valuable volunteer efforts of our parents, teachers, and community, the Nayatt PTO will continue to enhance and enrich our children’s education and support the work that the Nayatt staff does so well.
Here are just a few examples of what money raised by the PTO is used for:
- Classroom enrichment, including funds for teacher supplies and activities organized by room parents.
- Cultural enrichment through school-wide assemblies, performances, and the Nayatt school play.
- Additional educational opportunities through after school enrichment classes.
- Community building activities, including New Family Orientation, Scholastic Book Fair, PBruins Night, STEM Night, Arts Night, and the Yearbook.
Because of the generosity of our community over the past few years, we have also been able to fund special project requests from teachers and the Nayatt community, including:
- iPad Minis in the classroom (pilot for Grade 3, then expanded to Grades 1 & 2).
- Specialized materials for literacy instruction and Rubik’s cube math curriculum.
- A storyboard for the library and science books to support the new science curriculum.
- Portable display boards for art, a new guitar for the music department, and pop-up goals for PE.
While our tax dollars do pay for a great educational experience for our children, they do not cover all of the “extras” that make the Nayatt School experience so special. The Nayatt PTO’s role is crucial to providing this experience to our Nayatt students.
Join Us! Become a PTO Member. Please join the PTO for the 2015-2016 school year. We welcome your new ideas and energy. PTO members are able to be active participants in the planning process of many wonderful events and programs at Nayatt. Membership is required to vote at Nayatt PTO meetings.
Please consider making a direct contribution. Donations of any amount are appreciated—every dollar helps! As you choose the amount of your gift, consider how your child(ren) will benefit from the types of extra activities available at Nayatt School and remember that the Nayatt PTO, through your support, is instrumental in making these activities happen. The PTO runs the direct contribution program in lieu of other direct sales type fundraisers (e.g., cookie, wrapping paper, or candy sales).
Join the PTO now and make your direct contribution for the year while it is fresh in your mind. If you would like more information or to get more involved, give us a call or send us an email.
Thank you for your support and generosity!
Andra Shea, fundraising
Michelle Weber, membership
Click the button below to join and/or donate to the Nayatt PTO!
(All donations above $10 will include your 2015-2016 Nayatt PTO membership fee.)